Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Remastering from the Dead

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    If you use an encrypted overlay partition you have to issue other commands than with an unencrypted overlay.

    Where did you find the instructions on how to install AviDemux? I would try the version from deb-multimedia.org for the wheezy distribution.

  2. #2
    Not encrypted.

    When the video editor that comes with Knoppix appeared unsuitable, I Googled for others and then went to AvidEmux.org and tried to follow the instructions there (and then elsewhere). I think that the repository you mentioned is one I used.

    Given that Software Center has never worked, the problem that I'm finding repeatedly is not finding some well-known piece of software (the Opera browser is another example...and that one's world-famous) either in Synaptic or via apt-get. Googling led me to edit things like sources.list and sources.list.d (the difference never explained, in those step-by-steps) and adding whatever repository was described. As a DIY beginner, I feel like a blind man in a dark room.

    In trying to solve the problem that is the topic of this post, I created a fresh installation of Knoppix, only to find that Software Center, again, does not work (I click the menu choice and nothing happens).

    At least, my Etch-a-Sketch does something when I turn one of its knobs!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1599.99



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$225.00



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854 picture

IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854

$225.00



Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs picture

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs

$49.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99