Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Won't boot from SCSI RAID (forgive typo below)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1

    Won't boot from SCSI RAID (forgive typo below)

    I have had luck boot from IDE system...no problem.

    I have another computer with SCSI RAID including SCSI CD-ROM. I can boot from other CD (e.g. Windows XP Install CD); however, I am unable to boot Knoppix CD

    During the start-up process my RAID recognizes that the Knoppix CD is bootable, it labels it as the boot device, then it proceeds to boot from HD.

    I'm a newbie Linux user, but I have a small amount of experience tweaking (and smacking!) my hardware and usually end up getting it to do what I want...In this case however, I have hit a brick wall.

    I hope someone has some suggestions!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    101
    REF: http://www.the-welters.com/professio...-recovery.html

    Go to the Section: Starting Point / Common procedures:

    This might help...

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    101
    REF: http://www.sysopt.com/forum/printthr...hreadid=131754

    Do an Search on Yahoo: on boot-up bios recognizes cd-rom scsi disk as bootable but boots from hdd

    May find what you are looking for ...

Similar Threads

  1. Raid arrays not found on boot
    By corkypa in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-13-2005, 06:07 PM
  2. Raid IDE on boot
    By master_b in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 04:51 AM
  3. knoppix 3.2 doesn't boot on MSI K7T Turbo+Raid
    By alexk195 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 01:33 AM
  4. SW/RAID with 2 SCSI-HDS
    By scoozme in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 04:44 AM
  5. ide-scsi problems, can't boot?
    By Locri in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 07:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read picture

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read

$295.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals picture

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals

$450.00



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$90.00



Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON ** picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **

$99.99



2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested picture

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested

$129.00



Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer - Works

$169.99



Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read picture

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read

$199.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A - Power tested picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A - Power tested

$188.00