-
Won't boot from SCSI RAID (forgive typo below)
I have had luck boot from IDE system...no problem.
I have another computer with SCSI RAID including SCSI CD-ROM. I can boot from other CD (e.g. Windows XP Install CD); however, I am unable to boot Knoppix CD
During the start-up process my RAID recognizes that the Knoppix CD is bootable, it labels it as the boot device, then it proceeds to boot from HD.
I'm a newbie Linux user, but I have a small amount of experience tweaking (and smacking!) my hardware and usually end up getting it to do what I want...In this case however, I have hit a brick wall.
I hope someone has some suggestions!!
Similar Threads
-
By corkypa in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 06:07 PM
-
By master_b in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 04:51 AM
-
By alexk195 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 01:33 AM
-
By scoozme in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 04:44 AM
-
By Locri in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 07:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99