REF: http://www.the-welters.com/professio...-recovery.html
Go to the Section: Starting Point / Common procedures:
This might help...
I have had luck boot from IDE system...no problem.
I have another computer with SCSI RAID including SCSI CD-ROM. I can boot from other CD (e.g. Windows XP Install CD); however, I am unable to boot Knoppix CD
During the start-up process my RAID recognizes that the Knoppix CD is bootable, it labels it as the boot device, then it proceeds to boot from HD.
I'm a newbie Linux user, but I have a small amount of experience tweaking (and smacking!) my hardware and usually end up getting it to do what I want...In this case however, I have hit a brick wall.
I hope someone has some suggestions!!![]()
REF: http://www.the-welters.com/professio...-recovery.html
Go to the Section: Starting Point / Common procedures:
This might help...
REF: http://www.sysopt.com/forum/printthr...hreadid=131754
Do an Search on Yahoo: on boot-up bios recognizes cd-rom scsi disk as bootable but boots from hdd
May find what you are looking for ...

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00
IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95