Is there one? I haven't seen a reference to one (admittedly haven't looked too closely)
but I think it would be great to know what components will work (for shure..) in Knoppix
when building a PC.
thanks,
Stefan
Is there one? I haven't seen a reference to one (admittedly haven't looked too closely)
but I think it would be great to know what components will work (for shure..) in Knoppix
when building a PC.
thanks,
Stefan
I also think this is valuable information !! I would like to use Knoppix in my organisation, but have no clue when I buy hardware if it will work.
Maybe on KNOPPIX.NET a database can be installed, where users can report if hardware is compatible ? A very small database will suffice.
Type: mainboard, cpu, graphics card, ...
Brand: Nvidia, ATI, AMD, Intel, Asus, ...
Type: Geforce 4 MX 440, ...
Knoppix version: 3.1, 3.2, ...
Compatible: yes / no
The rate of compatibility can then be calculated by then number of Yes/No answers. So if 20 persons report a piece of hardware as Yes (compatible) it will have a 100% compatibility rate. If 15 report Yes and 5 No, it will have 75% compatibility rate.
This way you can easily search the database and get an idea of how many users already used the hardware and their success rate.
Hopefully this idea makes it !!
Erik.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$344.74
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8150.00
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper EX4300-24P 24 Port Gigabit PoE+ Switch.
$95.62