-
Junior Member
registered user
I have solved the problem! The problem was caused by winxp ics, which doesnot explicitly specify the ip address of the home netcard, 192.168.0.1. In case other people may find it useful, I summarize what I did in the following.
On the winxp ics server side:
Right click the home netcard > properties, CHECK "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)", then click on properties > check "Use the following IP address" and input 192.168.0.1 as ip, and
255.255.255.0 as subnet mask, other fields are left blank.
On the knoppix client side:
# ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.200 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
# route add default gw 192.168.0.1 eth0
# echo nameserver 192.168.0.1 >> /etc/resolv.conf
It then worked on the knoppix machine!
By default, the winxp ics set the home netcard's ip implicitly, hence, the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" entry was not checked, but a windows client somehow knows it. I could see that after I input explicitly ip address for the home netcard, the knoppix ping immediately got responses.
A third machine running windows xp can still share the internet access after I made this change.
My thanks to all people who helped.
Similar Threads
-
By Matrox462 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 03:00 AM
-
By lor in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:24 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 07:55 AM
-
By BigM in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 09:34 AM
-
By cyKeMatica in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 04:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00