-
WindowsXP now won't boot
After running Knoppix 3.2 I try and boot back into my native OS of WinXP Pro and I get a momentary BSOD and then the machine reboots. I think it is the kernel.exe error but it goes by too fast too read. The CD is not in the drive when this happens. I try to boot to safe mode and that doesnt work either. I can get back into Knoppix with no trouble. What does Knoppix change on hda1 that might cause this to happen? Any ideas?
Thankx,
Scott
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm. There have been a few reports of this happening before posted in the forums. I seem to remember that one person was able to fix this by doing the following.
Turn off the computer.
Remove the power cord from the back.
Push in the power button and hold it in for few seconds.
Plug the power back in.
Try booting Windows.
Hope this helps and if not, hopefully others will chime in.
Adam
Similar Threads
-
By pboodi in forum Networking
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-19-2005, 06:51 AM
-
By sneeze in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 06:16 PM
-
By Kepaletswet in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-19-2004, 01:03 PM
-
By dwflo in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89

Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59