I totally agree!
hi/2 all...
I've been using knoppix for a few weeks now and i'm hooked:0 good job
but i have a request, since kde is the default window manager, could you please change xmms with kdemultimedia (noatun and kaboodle).
Since kde 3.1.x, xine is the framework for kde, so in terms of multimedia, knoppix only has to win with the addition of this package.. also by adding it, knoppix will be able to play mp3 (etc), over a local lan or internet since kaboodle/noatun uses the kio slaves from kde, while xmms as to download the entire mp3 from a local lan for example in order to play it...
There are other advantages for using kdemultimedia instead of xmms, like integration with kde, xine framework support and others...
Xmms should be left to the gnome version of knoppix in my opinion...
What do you guys think?
Best regards...
Groo
I totally agree!
Greetings knoppixer
The suggestion is good and can add to making
knoppix excell in multimedia.
I need a better mp3 player for talking books
-- xmms does not work well. I need to have
the times of chapters, interesting parts and a
bookmark of the time you stop listening.
Winamp has a plugin for "resume" but as far
a I know, not xmms. Getting away from a
window's "me to" programs, provided of course,
the altenative offers better function would be great.
I am not familar with noatun and kaboodle
but would like to try them. I looked for them
on KNOPPIX and now I know why I did not find
them. I can't say the name noatun is too cool,
or is it?
Currently my best solution is to use
mpg321 from the comand line in interactive
mode. I control it with an expect script.
With a key stroke -- say "m" -- a file is saved with the
path, file name, frame number, times elapsed, time left,
current time and date of the bookmark.
These time jumps can then be linked into a doument
or to notes in an editor.
Do these support ogg sound files?
Best Wishes
paradocs
What I could use is some sort of Speech or Voice Recognition software.
I need to take an mp3 file recording of an interview (voice only, no music, etc.) and transcribe it to a text file. Can this be done?
Do you know of any hardware/software solution for Linux in general or in KNOPPIX in particular?
TIA,
hi/2 all...
just released in apps.kde.com, kaffeine appears to be very promising, and an even better answer to the cdrom space problem then installing noatun/kaboodle.
please knoppix developers, take a look, it might be the thing to add to next release of knoppix
http://members.chello.at/kaffeine/
what I miss in the kde multimedia suite is the pluginflexibility xmms has... like winamp... if I could play my Musepack files with noatun or another kde app, I'd switch.![]()

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00
New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00