I'm sorry, you'll have to post more infomation about what exactly it says when you boot in failsafe, before it locks up.
I am brand spanking new to the world of unix/linux. So I burned myself a knoppix cd and it boots from the CD gives me the "Boot:" prompt. I tried all the stuff on the cheat sheet. It just goes to a black screen and locks up like that. (even pressing num lock won't make the light turn off and on). So I rebooted. I tried the 'failsafe' option, and it shows all sorts of text, gets up to something about the 'hlt' function, and then locks up there.
![]()
Please help me?
I'm running a P3 500mhz with 196 megs of ram, a Gforce 2mx graphics card, Avermedia TV tuner card (PCI), network card connected to my DSL modem, sound blaster live, and that's it.
I'm sorry, you'll have to post more infomation about what exactly it says when you boot in failsafe, before it locks up.
Gidday Pheonix5,
I'm a new user aswell. Have you tried the Justlinux site at http://justlinux.com/index.php
If you havn't give them ago they are full of great info.
The first things that I was asked were are your bios settings correct.
you should disable auto pnp and also make sure that the system is set to boot from cdrom.
Regards Andrew
p.s. If you get anymore info to help my problem out (check postings by AndrewVDP) it would be appreciated..
Did you try cdtest on the cheat sheet?
It tests the Knoppix CD [Data Intergity]
Maybe try this: knoppix lang=us screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 desktop=kde xserver=XFree86 xmodule=fbdev (Re-Check these commands, might have wrote wrong or missplelled)

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)
$999.99
New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00
Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99
Juniper EX4300-48T-AFI 48x 1GB RJ-45 4x 40GB QSFP+ Switch w/ Rails- Fast Ship
$319.99
Juniper EX2300 Unclaimed 12-Port Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12T
$249.99