I'm sorry, you'll have to post more infomation about what exactly it says when you boot in failsafe, before it locks up.
I am brand spanking new to the world of unix/linux. So I burned myself a knoppix cd and it boots from the CD gives me the "Boot:" prompt. I tried all the stuff on the cheat sheet. It just goes to a black screen and locks up like that. (even pressing num lock won't make the light turn off and on). So I rebooted. I tried the 'failsafe' option, and it shows all sorts of text, gets up to something about the 'hlt' function, and then locks up there.
![]()
Please help me?
I'm running a P3 500mhz with 196 megs of ram, a Gforce 2mx graphics card, Avermedia TV tuner card (PCI), network card connected to my DSL modem, sound blaster live, and that's it.
I'm sorry, you'll have to post more infomation about what exactly it says when you boot in failsafe, before it locks up.
Gidday Pheonix5,
I'm a new user aswell. Have you tried the Justlinux site at http://justlinux.com/index.php
If you havn't give them ago they are full of great info.
The first things that I was asked were are your bios settings correct.
you should disable auto pnp and also make sure that the system is set to boot from cdrom.
Regards Andrew
p.s. If you get anymore info to help my problem out (check postings by AndrewVDP) it would be appreciated..
Did you try cdtest on the cheat sheet?
It tests the Knoppix CD [Data Intergity]
Maybe try this: knoppix lang=us screen=1024x768 xvrefresh=60 desktop=kde xserver=XFree86 xmodule=fbdev (Re-Check these commands, might have wrote wrong or missplelled)

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari SX212 Modem for IBM-Compatible Systems w/ Power Adapter & Manuals NOS
$125.00
Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details
$95.00
A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95
Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord
$23.99
Pitstop II - Epyx - Atari 400/800 XL/XE
$56.00
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 Home Computer 48K RAM In Original Box w/ Styro RF Switch Extra Games
$349.30