Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Knoppix not able to copy/paste

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3

    Knoppix not able to copy/paste

    Hello everyone,

    I've been searching the forums, and I cannot find this topic. I've downloaded the latest version of Knoppix version 7.5, and it's great I do have to say.

    Here's my problem though. I remember from previous versions especially 6.2 when you wanted read/write permissions, you would just right click and untick the option. I can't find that option in the new version.

    I just have eject for a USB and unmount. My 2TB HDD failed on me, so I took it to a repair man, and he said everything is gone. I knew it was there, but it was windows that wasn't recognizing it.

    Therefore, I downloaded the latest version of Knoppix, loaded it up, plugged in my External, and it showed right up with all my files on it. I just get an input/output error on every file I try to move, even the smallest of documents.

    I thought it might be that it's NTSF, and Knoppix prefers FAT32. That doesn't seem to be the case. I can view every file or video with Gnome with no problems. I am just unable to transfer them.

    I apologize if anyone has asked this, and I appreciate the help tremendously in advance. Knoppix is wonderful, and I have watched it evolve over the years. Some people still don't know what it is when I mention it, so I always recommend it. Take care everyone.

    JD
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 02-23-2014 at 12:52 AM. Reason: formatted by mod

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$119.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE picture

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE

$59.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper Networks JNP204/MX204 Universal Edge Router picture

Juniper Networks JNP204/MX204 Universal Edge Router

$8500.00



Juniper JPSU-1600-C-AC-AFO 1600W AC Power Supply EX4400 AFO Airflow picture

Juniper JPSU-1600-C-AC-AFO 1600W AC Power Supply EX4400 AFO Airflow

$155.00



Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW) picture

Juniper AP47 Mist Wi-Fi 7 802.11 6GHz 4x4 Wireless Access Point (NEW)

$999.99



Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch picture

Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch

$164.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$345.97



New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed picture

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed

$466.65