-
Newbie RE:NO INSTALL LINUX,KNOPPIX KDE 3.1 ?PLEASE HELP ME?
GIDDAY,HELLO,
I'M TRYING TO BE A NEW LINUX USER, BUT HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY FIRST TRY..
I have recently bought a promotional version of No Install LINUX, KNOPPIX KDE 3.1 .
When I boot my system with cdrom, I get to the gui boot section, where I'm asked to hit enter to proceed..I do this, then the boot proceeds to auto configuration, then my computer reboots and continues until it stops at.
PLEASE CHECK AND RETRY' /etc/init.d/xsession start.
I do not no any linux commands, although I see on this site their is a section on commands, so I can check that out.
Anyway my computer is a steam train no make that a horse drawn carridge.
Its specifcations are:
PENTIUM MMX,1995 AWARD SOFTWARE BIOS v4.51PG
BIOS CAT:IBM PC/AT
MEMORY:640K, 64512K Ext, 64352K XMS
MONITOR: VIEWMASTER 15A PNP
VIDEO CARD: S3 VIRGE DX/GX PCI
VIDEO BIOS VERSION: S3 86C375/86C385
RUNNING WINDOWS 98(VERSION 4.10.199
AT THE MOMENT.
I have also disabled my pnp via bios.As I heard this may help, It didnt.
If anyone could help me with this problem I would be very greatful..
do you need anymore info about my computer system?
If so I shall keep a close eye on this forum and get back to you ASAP
Thanking anyone who can help
Regards Andrew Vanderploeg
Similar Threads
-
By Yojimbo in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By Shaba1 in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 01:41 AM
-
By scruffyeagle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 07:00 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-17-2003, 05:00 PM
-
By Van Zan in forum The Lounge
Replies: 5
Last Post: 02-04-2003, 05:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99