I've been running Knoppix V6 live cd on my usb stick for a while and thought it was time for an update at it was several years old.
I donloaded "KNOPPIX_V7.2.0CD-2013-06-16-EN.iso" and installed it on my USB. I verified the MD5.
Unfortunately, it totally freezes while displaying the text KNOPPIX logo at the very beginning of boot.
no it works on another computer
I tried debug and saw:
kernel: DMAR:[fault reason 02] Present bit in context entry is clear
kernel: DMAR:[DMA Rearesent bit in context entry is clear
kernel: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [0d:00.0] fault addr
then repeating
Googled it and tried disabled Intel VT-D in bios and everything worked fine. alternative would be to disabled the intel_iommu parameter.

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00