I've been running Knoppix V6 live cd on my usb stick for a while and thought it was time for an update at it was several years old.
I donloaded "KNOPPIX_V7.2.0CD-2013-06-16-EN.iso" and installed it on my USB. I verified the MD5.
Unfortunately, it totally freezes while displaying the text KNOPPIX logo at the very beginning of boot.
no it works on another computer
I tried debug and saw:
kernel: DMAR:[fault reason 02] Present bit in context entry is clear
kernel: DMAR:[DMA Rearesent bit in context entry is clear
kernel: DMAR:[DMA Read] Request device [0d:00.0] fault addr
then repeating
Googled it and tried disabled Intel VT-D in bios and everything worked fine. alternative would be to disabled the intel_iommu parameter.

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$199.99
G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series 64GB (4x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16Q-32GTZN
$149.99
Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$65000.00
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
$380.00