Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Xterm : getting preferences to stick

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    Xterm : getting preferences to stick

    Hi;

    I'm using knoppix 3.2

    I created an .Xdefaults in my home directory and put some settings in for xterm.

    I did xrdb .Xresources and everything was great until I rebooted.

    I had to run/have to run xrdb each time I boot to get the prefs to stick.

    Can anyone tell me where I need to set things to make my .Xdefaults permanent?

    Thanks

    Steve

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    Nevermind, found my own answer

    I needed to put my xterm prefs in:

    /etc/X11/app-defaults/Xterm

Similar Threads

  1. Saving Konqueror Preferences
    By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2004, 04:17 AM
  2. Erm.. Help with xterm?
    By Ev0lSquirrel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 01:41 AM
  3. Edit linuxrc and change the user preferences....knoppix 3.4
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 11:20 PM
  4. preferences on floppy?
    By fourtrackmind in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2004, 02:20 AM
  5. saving preferences
    By boehmb in forum General Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5

HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)

$69.95



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99