-
Set mointpoint bootable pendrive
Hello,
I am trying to set my knoppix bootable pendrive to a fixed mount point a boot.
Just like booting from a CD the drive is (always?) mounted at sr0.
I am using the pendrive to test harddisk drives. When one drive has a failure, the current bootable pendrive is trying to search for the mnt-system on a defective drive and knoppix wont boot. (hanging on searching for knoppix on /dev/sdXX)
If the pendrive is set to a fixed point, knoppix does not have to search and wil instant boot.
Thank you.
-
Set mointpoint bootable pendrive
Hello,
Found something....
I am using the kn-script to build my knoppix iso.
In /opt/knx/minirt-rd I found a file "init"
while editing this file I found at line 175 "findknoppix()" function.
Guess I have to try to change the way how knoppix is searching for mnt-system on /dev/ in a way it does not scan all the /dev/sdX drives.
I am using all the same pendrives so there must be a way to mount the mnt-system on a fixed mount point. Maybe by model name!?
-
Member
at boot you can use fromhd cheatcodes
-
Senior Member
registered user
@ Blacksimon:
The device name of the Knoppix pendrive must be known before you can use the fromhd boot option.
@ wjp79:
Within the init script of the minirt.gz you could try to restrict the device names to the USB devices. (Maybe you can skip every device that is not a USB device.)
I think the whole task is for very advanced users of Linux only.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99