Hi All,
I have Knoppix7 installed on two computers running on memory sticks. I have been experimenting with different methods of communicating on my local area network between these two machines and a third machine which runs M$ windows.
To cut a long story short, the two computers running Knoppix have the same computer names (host/alias names) which is causing confusion (as per usual) on the Samba shares. When I tried to change one of their host/alias names to Microknoppix1 and knoppix1 in the Network Settings I was unable boot back to the desktop.
I was able change the names back by mounting the knoppix-data.img on the other computer and changing these names back in the files /etc/hosts & /ect/hostname. The computer now boots again!
My question is...how do I change the name of the computer without causing the above problem???
Any thought will be appreciated.
Regards,
Peter

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
APPLE IIC A2S4100 VINTAGE PERSONAL COMPUTER UNTESTED AS-IS, NO POWER CABLE
$149.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo 230 With Power Supply Floppy Drive Parts
$100.00
$50.00
Vintage Apple PowerBook G4 Titanium Laptop 800 MHz 60 GB HD 15" LCD Screen A1001
$79.99
TESTED Original Apple IIc 2c Power Supply A2M4017 15V 1.2A 18W WORKING Vintage
$55.00
Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working
$22.99
Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different
$99.99
Clean Retro Apple Macintosh PowerBook 520 - Vintage Laptop - Tested And Working
$149.99