-
Junior Member
Problems when changing "Host" name in Network settings
Hi All,
I have Knoppix7 installed on two computers running on memory sticks. I have been experimenting with different methods of communicating on my local area network between these two machines and a third machine which runs M$ windows.
To cut a long story short, the two computers running Knoppix have the same computer names (host/alias names) which is causing confusion (as per usual) on the Samba shares. When I tried to change one of their host/alias names to Microknoppix1 and knoppix1 in the Network Settings I was unable boot back to the desktop.
I was able change the names back by mounting the knoppix-data.img on the other computer and changing these names back in the files /etc/hosts & /ect/hostname. The computer now boots again!
My question is...how do I change the name of the computer without causing the above problem???
Any thought will be appreciated.
Regards,
Peter
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Used PC Corsair Vengeance Intel i7-4770 3.40GHz 16GB DDR3 Gtx 1050 Ti Msi
$135.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Intel Core i7-12700 12 Core X208K805 LGA 1700 AS IS
$99.99

Intel Core i5-12400 CPU 2.50GHz 6-Core 12-thread SRL5Y LGA 1700
$121.99