Hi All,
I have Knoppix7 installed on two computers running on memory sticks. I have been experimenting with different methods of communicating on my local area network between these two machines and a third machine which runs M$ windows.
To cut a long story short, the two computers running Knoppix have the same computer names (host/alias names) which is causing confusion (as per usual) on the Samba shares. When I tried to change one of their host/alias names to Microknoppix1 and knoppix1 in the Network Settings I was unable boot back to the desktop.
I was able change the names back by mounting the knoppix-data.img on the other computer and changing these names back in the files /etc/hosts & /ect/hostname. The computer now boots again!
My question is...how do I change the name of the computer without causing the above problem???
Any thought will be appreciated.
Regards,
Peter

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
Samsung 16GB DDR4 2133MHz PC4-17000 ECC REG Server RAM RDIMM 2Rx4 288-Pin Memory
$149.00
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y
$699.99
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98