-
v7.2.0 won't boot from my USB stick
I put v7.2.0 on a DVD and booted from it. I used the flash-knoppix option from the GUI to put it on my 16 GB Patriot stick. I've tried booting from it on several machines, but none will boot from it. Some just hang and others ignore the drive and boot windows even though I put the USB stick at the top of the boot order. I made a similar USB stick with v7.0.5? on it, it boots fine. I poked around the internet for ideas. I found a suggestion to use install-mbr on the USB stick. Unfortunately, when I do apt-get install mbr, I get a not found message even though my sources.list points to wheezy and when I looked there, mbr was listed. I know computers, but I'm not yet well versed in Linux or Knoppix. Can you help me?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

WHOOP TAB-8US2 8" Quad Core, 4G, 32 GB SSD, 3 GB RAM, Tablet PC W/Cover Bundle
$59.95

Lenovo Thinkcentre M720q Intel Core i5 8th Gen 8GB RAM 256GB No OS USFF Desktop
$115.00

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-core, 16-Thread Desktop Processor -- Fully functional
$285.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 4.70GHz 8 Core 100-000001084 16 Thread AM5 ~
$379.95

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

Dell Optiplex 7070 Intel Core i5 9th Gen 8GB RAM No Drive/OS USFF Desktop B3
$150.00

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21