I want 7.3.0 as it introduces experimental uefi boot, which I'd love to try.
Greetings, ramoncio.
You might see how Knoppix 7.2 works with UEFI while we are waiting for the 'Community Edition'
of Knoppix 7.3 to arrive.
FYI: Knoppix 7.2.0 Release Notes on Klaus K's site includes the following:
Experimental support for UEFI-Boot (DVD: 32 and 64bit, CD: only 32bit) after installation
on USB flash disk.
And, there has been some Knoppix 7.2.0 UEFI discussion on this forum which you might audit
if you haven't already done so. 'UEFI' in the forum Advanced Search box gives seven entries
in addition to your post.
Is it possible to buy a copy of Knoppix 7.3.0 anyplace?
.
Greetings, buymystock .
The CeBIT version of Knoppix usually appears in March or so,
and is usually a feature of Linux Magazin in Europe or Linux Magazine in
the US. These magazines cost about $10 and usually contain a DVD version of Knoppix.
Some of us wait a few months for the 'Community Edition' which often
corrects a few problems of the CeBIT version, and is free for the download.
Hi UTU,
Thanks for the response; I have not bought Knoppix this way either. It's a very good marketing strategy for Linux Magazine to offer the 7.3 DVD with their sequential periodical. I'll take the option of waiting a few months for the 'Community Edition' because I like its subsequent edited version which often corrects a few problems that may be found in the earlier CeBIT edition. I appreciate your answer, UTU.
Blessings
buymystock
Is it possible to buy a copy of Knoppix 7.3.0 anyplace? I read that it has not been released to the public yet for download.
.
Here's a new clue as to when the 'Community Edition' might be available:
a French offer of Knoppix 7.3 with an offering date of May 31. Find this at: http://www.getlinux.fr/knoppix-knoppix-p-78.html
.
Here's a new clue as to when the 'Community Edition' might be available:
a French offer of Knoppix 7.3 with an offering date of May 31. Find this at: http://www.getlinux.fr/knoppix-knoppix-p-78.html
Greetings, UTU,
I may send out for the DVD from the French company mentioned in your reply.
It costs a little over $10.00 in United States Dollars (USD) currency. The link works for me. They give their complete mailing address for payment with 3 or 4 day waiting period for DVD to arrive after payment is received in their office. Much gratitude, "utu".
Blessings
"acheter mon stock"
I expect free downloads may be available on about this same time scale,
unless Klaus K finds something he wants to correct first.
I would love to meet Klaus K or get a personal email from him; he's awe-inspiring and incredible! Naturally, his operating systems are too! I have been fortunate enough to have discovered and practiced using his Knoppix OS since version 2.2, more than a decade ago; at that time, I quickly and successfully weaned myself off of microsoft's detritus rubbish.