Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Question about Wine and a problem....

  1. #1

    Question about Wine and a problem....

    Today I decided I wanted to try working with wine to run a program written for Windows XP that I can no longer run on a windows 7 program, and I have tried to build a new Windows XP systerm to run it, and found that Microsoft has blocked my disk of XP Pro, and my XP Home edition that came on my Systemax computer when I bought it. So, I wanted to try seeing if I can get it to work with Wine. The problem I have run into was that a few days ago I accidently clicked on a program that Knoppix wanted to use Wine to boot it with and the program hung and wouldn't stop cycling so I used the system monitor program to kill the process and I noticed tonight that the icon link in my main menu is gone and I have reinstalled the program several times to try and get it back and working and it just isn't coming back to the system. I have also been having trouble with BlueWho the program I have to have for the system to id my Bluetooth adapter so I can make my bluetooth connections. I have reinstalled it several times but it keeps going gunnybag on me and tonight I couldn't even get it to work even after reinstalling it twice. Any ideas on how to get my programs to run right?

    Here is what
    Bluewho says when I type it into Terminal:

    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ bluewho
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/bluewho", line 444, in <module>
    on_toolbRefresh_clicked(None)
    File "/usr/bin/bluewho", line 285, in on_toolbRefresh_clicked
    executeScan()
    File "/usr/bin/bluewho", line 98, in executeScan
    name, address = btsupport.get_localAdapter(i)
    File "/usr/share/bluewho/src/btsupport.py", line 169, in get_localAdapter
    bt.hci_send_cmd(sock, bt.OGF_HOST_CTL, bt.OCF_READ_LOCAL_NAME)
    _bluetooth.error: (100, 'Network is down')
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$

    This is what wine says:
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ wine program
    wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\program.exe"

    ??
    Last edited by E-Tramp; 04-02-2014 at 06:26 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 18000Pa 2 in 1 Vacuum Cleaner&Air Duster, Blue picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 18000Pa 2 in 1 Vacuum Cleaner&Air Duster, Blue

$53.36



KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St... picture

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...

$64.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$167.63



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26 picture

(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26

$49.00



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home picture

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home

$16.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$106.14