Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Dual Boot question....

Threaded View

  1. #1

    Dual Boot question....

    OK, I have been running Knoppix on a HD for about a year I guess, the program is 7.0.5, and I have been having some issues with it and Wanted to upgrade to 7.2 after I got all of the files from the old system.

    The problem is that when I installed the new program I expected the installer to ask if I wanted a dual boot grub or at least create a second boot option in the existing grub, but that didn't happen, and after getting the installation done I was unable to boot the new installation.

    I thought that I could maybe use the linux boot repair to change the program to a dual boot, and boot both of them from it, but, it just created the grub anew and now I can only boot the new program and not the old one.

    What do I have to do to get both of these programs to boot from the grub, so I can transfer files and get information on what programming I need install from the old program until I have it all rebuilt in the new program. I have tried finding the files from Iceweasel for the favorites folder, and they just don't seem to be anywhere I can retrieve them, and no access to the menus to see what programming I need to install so I have to be able to access both to transfer everything over. How do I link the grub to both?
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 04-08-2014 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Little reformat by mod

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays

$599.99



DELL POWEREDGE R630 8SFF 2x 14 CORE E5-2697v3 2.6GHz 16GB RAM NO HDD NO RAID picture

DELL POWEREDGE R630 8SFF 2x 14 CORE E5-2697v3 2.6GHz 16GB RAM NO HDD NO RAID

$222.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00