Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Installation problem while reinstall !!! (HDD Install)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    7

    Installation problem while reinstall !!! (HDD Install)

    My problem is :
    I installed Knoppix on HDD - everything was allright.
    My only problem was that the Root password was wrong and i couln't get it !
    So I tryed to reinstall knoppix this way :
    1. Started Knoppix from CD
    2. Started Hdd-install
    3. Deleted the Partiton (set the partition to Win95/FAT32)
    4. Formated this Partition with FAT32
    5. Started Knoppix from CD
    6. Saw that 10 hda's where displayed (no hda was readable !!!)
    7. Started hdd-install again
    8. Made the FAT32 Partition to one Linux Swap (500MB) and one Linux (3000MB)
    9. Installation stoped after creating Swap Partition !!!! (nothing happend)
    I wanted to create a ext3 Partition and then
    In the Console was displayed something like writing super blocks on HDD or something like this. At this point nothing happend !!!
    I waited over five minutes but nothing happend !!!
    What is wrong ?

    And what's with the 10 hda's ? I've at least only 7 !!!
    The ten hda's are not displayed if I delete the Partition and let it free disk space ! But then I can't install Knoppix on HDD so what can I do ?
    How can I delete all the Partion- I think there is something on it - just even if I formated it !!!
    Please can you help me ?

    Mad_Max_FX

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Could you post the output of sudo fdisk -l /dev/hda from a CD boot so we can see the layout of the partitions on the the drive.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    7

    All ok !!!

    All ok I just had to wait 12 minutes !!!!

    Thanx !!

Similar Threads

  1. HDD Installation problem
    By cryptos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 10:48 AM
  2. Networking problem w/HDD installation...
    By shearroller in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2004, 01:46 PM
  3. Printer installation problem
    By timread in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 11:49 PM
  4. Linuxant Installation Problem
    By cvaezp in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2003, 06:44 AM
  5. No internet after hd installation problem
    By kingarthur in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 12:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit picture

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit

$399.00



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67



Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard picture

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard

$17.99