-
my comment on Knoppix 7.2
First off, congratulations on the final release of Knoppix 7.2. With its CD version, I was was able to resize/delete partitions in my HDD successfully 
Here's my humble request for the next version.
1. [add] Unicode font
Due to lack of a unicode font, some non-English characters, in particular Chinese, Japanese and Korean (CJK), don't appear properly.
I have some files named in Japanese (damn!) On PCmanFM I can do basic file operations (like opening, copying, etc.) by booting up with the option "boot: knoppix lang=en.utf-8". However I can't read file names by myself..it's really inconvenient while rescuing my files.
Here's a list of Unicode fonts: List_of_Unicode_fonts
Some of these are freeware, namely "Bitstream Cyberbit" (free for non-commercial) and "GNU Unifont" (GPL, bitmap). Personally, I don't care even if Knoppix uses ugly non-English fonts since that's the way better than none.
2. [remove] Compiz (for CD)
As some people here have already mentioned, and I totally agree with them. Besides, Knoppix 7.2 misses title bars (which should be a part of window decoration) *by default*. I don't think that's a good idea...
3. [remove] Pidgin
I don't think many people enjoy using Pidgin...Windows Messenger has been discontinued last year, Gmail, facebook, Yahoo! Messenger and AIM work on their official websites nowadays, ICQ...I don't know.
4. [add] secure erase tool
"shred" command is not friendly for non-power Linux users...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse
$1799.99