Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: problem installing knoppix usb

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by terapin View Post
    I couldn't reproduce the error message, only the returning to the $ which it did. But, I managed to put knoppix on the USB.I found I was getting the problem of it returning to the $, when I ran flash-knoppix from the ctrl-F2 shell. When I ran it from a terminal shell within the gui, then it worked.
    I should add, I quit the knoppix testcd 'cos there was no progress bar.. and now i got the USB flash made (running flash-knoppix within terminal in the GUI), it worked on both my USB sticks. I stopped the start sound "Initiating startup sequence" and the shutdown sound "Initiating shutdown sequence" with the cheatcode knoppix no startsound which i've added to my /mnt-system/boot/syslinux.cfg file knoppix@Microknoppix:/mnt-system/boot/syslinux$ cat syslinux.cfg | head -n 1DEFAULT knoppix nostartsoundthanks

  2. #22
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    I should add, I quit the knoppix testcd 'cos there was no progress bar..
    Be patient and wait! Otherwise you'll never be sure whether your download is integer or not. And therefore also your USB install may be worthless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 8th Gen: Core i7-10510U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WIn 11 Pro picture

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 8th Gen: Core i7-10510U, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, WIn 11 Pro

$299.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$175.00



8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor, High Performance CPU for Gaming & W picture

8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor, High Performance CPU for Gaming & W

$396.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 16-Thread 5.6GHz 120W AM5 CPU 100-100001973WOF

$435.99



Apple MacBook Pro 13 in 2020 S Gray/Apple M1 3.2 GHz, 512 GB 8 GB 8-Core A2338 picture

Apple MacBook Pro 13 in 2020 S Gray/Apple M1 3.2 GHz, 512 GB 8 GB 8-Core A2338

$399.00



Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151) picture

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)

$189.99



SRF8X Intel Xeon Gold 6240 18 Core 2.60GHz 24.75MB 150W Processor  CPU picture

SRF8X Intel Xeon Gold 6240 18 Core 2.60GHz 24.75MB 150W Processor CPU

$19.99



Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$177.21



Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF i7-9700 8-Core 3.0GHz 16B Ram NO HDD NO OS picture

Dell Optiplex 7070 SFF i7-9700 8-Core 3.0GHz 16B Ram NO HDD NO OS

$199.99