Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to setup ADSL connection

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    49

    How to setup ADSL connection

    Hi all folks,

    I could not find the English FAQ re setup ADSL to connect ISP - dynamic IP address. Kindly advise.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: How to setup ADSL connection

    Quote Originally Posted by satimis
    I could not find the English FAQ re setup ADSL to connect ISP - dynamic IP address.
    What network card do you have? Which DSL "modem"? Is your network hardware recognized at boot-up? All I have to do is is run ADSL/PPPoE configuration from the start menu (it's under Internet ->Connect), press [Enter] a couple of times, enter my user ID and password, press [Enter] a few more times -- and I'm hooked up.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    49

    Re: How to setup ADSL connection

    Hi,

    Thanks for your response.

    I use ethernet network card and it can be detected. I made many tests starting form

    Internet -> connection

    and added all necessary information. But still I could not connect to broadband.

    I have done many setup on Redhat Linux and the procedure is more or less the same. It is not complicate. However I could not make it on Knoppix. Maybe there is no place for storing the added information.

    B.Regards
    satimis


    Quote Originally Posted by Loper
    Quote Originally Posted by satimis
    I could not find the English FAQ re setup ADSL to connect ISP - dynamic IP address.
    What network card do you have? Which DSL "modem"? Is your network hardware recognized at boot-up? All I have to do is is run ADSL/PPPoE configuration from the start menu (it's under Internet ->Connect), press [Enter] a couple of times, enter my user ID and password, press [Enter] a few more times -- and I'm hooked up.

Similar Threads

  1. dodgy adsl setup
    By doesnotcompute in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-30-2005, 06:18 PM
  2. Broadband Connection setup!
    By amodjoshi in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 08:32 AM
  3. How can i setup my wireless connection with wep?
    By PrOmETeO in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
  4. Can't setup internet connection - Please help!
    By LinuxGozer in forum Networking
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 05:50 PM
  5. USB adsl modem setup with live CD
    By david_l in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2004, 04:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black picture

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black

$429.94



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



SK hynix 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM 3200MHz picture

SK hynix 16GB (1x16GB) DDR4-3200 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM 3200MHz

$149.99



NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3 picture

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3

$550.00



LOT OF 4  Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ picture

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ

$469.95