-
samba - window won't close on wrong user/pass
HiI am trying to experiment with samba, wanting to select some folders or select an entire partition for sharingthe issue i'm currently having occurs during this-first, I manage to start the samba server, Whether i use the method of "start"..knoppix..samba server or $ sudo /etc/init.d/samba start it seems to start fine.and i've doneknoppix@Microknoppix:~$ sudo smbpasswd -a knoppixto create a password for that userthen, I could add a share editing /etc/samba/smb.confbut regardless of whether I create a share on the current machine or notIf I do "start"..knoppix.."scan/mount network shares" and as samba has started, I see MicroKnoppix listed. I choose Microknoppix.It asks me for a user/passif I get it right then it says about mounting knoppix home directory..if I get it wrong, then that window won't close, how can I close it?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$12.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01