-
I've tried to format your posting using Firefox (Iceweasel). It seems Chrome cannot handle with the formatting tools of the Forum and postings with Chrome are broken. With Firefox you'll see this toolbar.
toolbar.png
------------------------------------------------
Hi
I am trying to experiment with samba, wanting to select some folders or select an entire partition for sharing
the issue i'm currently having occurs during this-
first, I manage to start the samba server, Whether i use the method of "start"..knoppix..samba server or
Code:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/samba start
<ENTER> it seems to start fine.
and i've done
Code:
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ sudo smbpasswd -a knoppix
to create a password for that user
then, I could add a share editing /etc/samba/smb.conf
but regardless of whether I create a share on the current machine or not
If I do "start"..knoppix.."scan/mount network shares" and as samba has started, I see MicroKnoppix listed. I choose Microknoppix.
It asks me for a user/pass
if I get it right then it says about mounting knoppix home directory..
if I get it wrong, then
that window won't close, how can I close it?
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 05-23-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00