-
thanks that makes sense. I thought so though I wanted to see what'd happen, for example, if i have a share and see it listed and double click it. turns out it mounts it in /media e.g. after double clicking the share in that window, it says it'll mount it, then mount -l shows
//192.168.1.6/abcd on /media/MICROKNOPPIX_abcd
I see though that mounting the share is unnecessary.
I see there is a share called 'knoppix' when I access \\microknoppix
I suppose it is created from the share called [homes] in the /etc/samba/smb.conf file
The scan/mount network shares window shows it too. (I won't be mounting it)
I see that when I do smbstatus without any parameters, it always lists the abcd share that I made(whether it is being accessed or not), but it only lists the knoppix share when another computer has it open. Any idea why the discrepancy? Or how to list all shares regardless of whether they are being accessed or not?
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 1Rx8 288-Pin PC4 UDIMM Desktop RAM Memory M378A1K43CB2
$94.95

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 32GB 4x8GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 ECC SODIMM RAM M474A1K43BB1-CTD Tested
$119.00

Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2-800 PC2-6400 240-Pin DIMM
$145.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99