-
thanks that makes sense. I thought so though I wanted to see what'd happen, for example, if i have a share and see it listed and double click it. turns out it mounts it in /media e.g. after double clicking the share in that window, it says it'll mount it, then mount -l shows
//192.168.1.6/abcd on /media/MICROKNOPPIX_abcd
I see though that mounting the share is unnecessary.
I see there is a share called 'knoppix' when I access \\microknoppix
I suppose it is created from the share called [homes] in the /etc/samba/smb.conf file
The scan/mount network shares window shows it too. (I won't be mounting it)
I see that when I do smbstatus without any parameters, it always lists the abcd share that I made(whether it is being accessed or not), but it only lists the knoppix share when another computer has it open. Any idea why the discrepancy? Or how to list all shares regardless of whether they are being accessed or not?
Thanks
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1245v6 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$483.99

Supermicro CSE-815-5 4B LFF Xeon E3-1240v5 16GB DDR4 1x 9361-8i 4x 1TB SATA HDD
$484.00

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99