-
Install Knoppix 7.2 and GRUB To Second Drive Only
I really must be doing something wrong, since Grub is just freaking out, no matter what. What I am trying to do is do an install to HD1 / SDB, VS. HD0 / SDA, so I can go into the BIOS boot, select the second HD (in my case Sata3, if that is important).
Once I have KNoppix and Grub installed on the HD, I reconnect my Windows HD, boot to the HD that has Knoppix installed, and edit the Grub stuff. the default settings that I change is Root (hd0,1) -> Root (hd1,1), and change the /dev/sda1 -> /dev/sdb1
then I boot, and I keep getting the "unknown partition type", from the kernel panic, so it goes out to lunch.
I know when you edit Grub that way it is kind of debug/test setting that do not stick, except for that one time / boot. But those setting should work, when I do a find stage1, it does return the hd1,1
is there a way to have Knoppix boot to the drive from the BIOS, I want two independent setups that are bootable without Grub being on the "first" hd's mbr.
Thanks,
Dave
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525
$59.99

Rare Vintage CH Product Mach III Analog Joystick for Apple Mac
$35.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67