Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I think I've broken it

Threaded View

  1. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631

    A related question:

    .
    Greetings terrybull & Werner.

    I have a similar situation where I'd like to do something like a
    "poor-man's hdd install" of Knoppix. That is use a Knoppix LiveCD
    to perform a Knoppix "Install to FlashDisk" but issuing the hdd descriptor
    instead of a usb descriptor when asked.

    I would expect this process to proceed to put something on the hdd,
    but that perhaps the boot process would need some re-working, there
    likely being some differences in booting hdds rather than usbs.

    Somehow I expect the persistence process to be workable as well,
    since that was part of the essence of the original "poor-man's install"

    I was planning to use the following material as a guide to this
    endeavor. Have I got something all wrong here or is this a viable
    approach? Thanks in advance.

    Read "Poor-Man's Install" at:
    http://smtp.knoppix.net/wiki/Categor...e_Installation

    See also this ref and its variations:
    http://g33kgrrl.wordpress.com/2009/0...livepartition/
    Last edited by utu; 05-27-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$12.00



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01