Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cannot Move or Manage Windows in Knoppix 7.2 DVD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3

    Cannot Move or Manage Windows in Knoppix 7.2 DVD

    I have used a live DVD version of Knoppix 7.2 on a couple different machines, but on my primary computer, all application windows are fixed in whatever position I open them, and there are no 'close/minimize/maximize' buttons on the right corner. Is this a gfx driver issue? Any way to fix this during the boot process?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by mxcrowe View Post
    all application windows are fixed in whatever position I open them,
    and there are no 'close/minimize/maximize' buttons on the right corner
    First, try MainMenu>knoppix>(re)start 3d desktop compiz.
    If you have to do this very often, you may need to add the no3d cheatcode to your boot parameters.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks, the (re)start thing fixed it. Quite helpful as fixed windows significantly reduce usability...
    I put a note in with the DVD because I imagine I will need to do this each time I use the DVD on the machine that had the problem.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, Maryland USA
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by mxcrowe View Post
    I imagine I will need to do this each time I use the DVD
    Search this forum for customizing, cheatcodes & micro-re-mastering concepts.
    A simple change of the list of boot parameters will make it so you don't have to keep solving the problem over & over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM picture

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM

$37.99



PNY DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Low Profile DIMM XMP 2.0 Memory Kit picture

PNY DDR4 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL18 Low Profile DIMM XMP 2.0 Memory Kit

$104.88



16GB of Samsung (8GB x 2) DDR5 M378A2K43CB1 UDIMM PC5-4800B 288-Pin Unbuffered picture

16GB of Samsung (8GB x 2) DDR5 M378A2K43CB1 UDIMM PC5-4800B 288-Pin Unbuffered

$185.99



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$164.95



Ventura Technology Group 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 UDIMM PC3-12800U 240-Pin picture

Ventura Technology Group 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 UDIMM PC3-12800U 240-Pin

$65.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO picture

G.Skill Flare X5 32GB (2x16GB) (DDR5-6000 DDR5 RAM Memory Cl30-38-38-96 AMD EXPO

$419.95



Kingston  32GB DDR4-3200MHz DIMM RAM  KTH-PL432D8P/16G (2X16GB STICKS) sku 0055 picture

Kingston 32GB DDR4-3200MHz DIMM RAM KTH-PL432D8P/16G (2X16GB STICKS) sku 0055

$179.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99