Do not run wireshark as user "root"!
Read some documentations about wireshark. Your problem isn't a Knoppix problem.
When I launch wireshark(from k-menu..run, or from the command line) it loads but doesn't list interfaces unless I do sudo wireshark or I suppose if I do su then wireshark. That's fine.
But sudo wireshark or su<ENTER>wireshark<ENTER> isn't working.
It worked yesterday but now when I try, I get this error
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ su root
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# wireshark
No protocol specified
(wireshark:4986): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# su knoppix
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ sudo wireshark
No protocol specified
(wireshark:503: Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
knoppix@Microknoppix:~$
Do not run wireshark as user "root"!
Read some documentations about wireshark. Your problem isn't a Knoppix problem.
Thanks. I got it to work since some days back. For the record it was most likely this solution that I used
http://ask.wireshark.org/questions/7...erfaces-listed
$ sudo apt-get install wireshark
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure wireshark-common
$ sudo usermod -a -G wireshark $USER
$ sudo reboot

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth
$39.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Cisco IP Phone 7940 Series VoIP Office Phone with Plantronics HL10 phone lifter
$25.00
Ooma Telo Free Home Phone Service VoIP - Black
$23.98
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
New in Box:Polycom VVX 150 VoIP Desk Phone PoE Black
$55.00