Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: cannot do sudo wireshark - Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    cannot do sudo wireshark - Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

    When I launch wireshark(from k-menu..run, or from the command line) it loads but doesn't list interfaces unless I do sudo wireshark or I suppose if I do su then wireshark. That's fine.
    But sudo wireshark or su<ENTER>wireshark<ENTER> isn't working.

    It worked yesterday but now when I try, I get this error






    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ su root
    root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# wireshark
    No protocol specified

    (wireshark:4986): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
    root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# su knoppix
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$ sudo wireshark
    No protocol specified

    (wireshark:503: Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
    knoppix@Microknoppix:~$

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Do not run wireshark as user "root"!
    Read some documentations about wireshark. Your problem isn't a Knoppix problem.

  3. #3
    Thanks. I got it to work since some days back. For the record it was most likely this solution that I used

    http://ask.wireshark.org/questions/7...erfaces-listed
    $ sudo apt-get install wireshark
    $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure wireshark-common
    $ sudo usermod -a -G wireshark $USER
    $ sudo reboot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



Vintage Atari 1200 Zaxxon Computer software With box and manual picture

Vintage Atari 1200 Zaxxon Computer software With box and manual

$75.00



Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard picture

Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard

$50.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Atari 130XE Restored NTSC SALT  Tested with Box picture

Atari 130XE Restored NTSC SALT Tested with Box

$345.00