-
Cannot boot from cd probably missing something
I downloaded Knoppix 7.20 EN and burned it to cd but when I boot from the drive, the computer boots off my notebook's hdd. I disabled UEFI and manually selected the cd (usb) but still goes to Windows 7, which is on my drive. The md5 checked out and I tried 2 different cd drives. I tried an earlier version of Knoppix with the same results. Any ideas?
-
The md5 checked out and I tried 2 different cd drives
What do you mean by this? Doesn't you get a value by md5sum-test or is the value always wrong?
First check the md5sum of your download; second burn the DVD with lowest possible speed, close all the other programs and use only DVD of high quality.
-

Originally Posted by
Werner P. Schulz
What do you mean by this? Doesn't you get a value by md5sum-test or is the value always wrong?
First check the md5sum of your download; second burn the DVD with lowest possible speed, close all the other programs and use only DVD of high quality.
I ran md5sum on a fedora drive and compared the value generated with the value in the md5 file from the download page, they are identical. I tried burning at a slower speed and am still unable to boot to knoppix. As for closing all programs, I do a cold boot, so nothing should be open.
-
Please test the burned DVD using the cheatcodeWait some minutes until you get an error message or the boot process proceeds
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory
$27.95

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$2.37

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39