Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Cannot boot from cd probably missing something

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7

    Cannot boot from cd probably missing something

    I downloaded Knoppix 7.20 EN and burned it to cd but when I boot from the drive, the computer boots off my notebook's hdd. I disabled UEFI and manually selected the cd (usb) but still goes to Windows 7, which is on my drive. The md5 checked out and I tried 2 different cd drives. I tried an earlier version of Knoppix with the same results. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    The md5 checked out and I tried 2 different cd drives
    What do you mean by this? Doesn't you get a value by md5sum-test or is the value always wrong?

    First check the md5sum of your download; second burn the DVD with lowest possible speed, close all the other programs and use only DVD of high quality.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner P. Schulz View Post
    What do you mean by this? Doesn't you get a value by md5sum-test or is the value always wrong?

    First check the md5sum of your download; second burn the DVD with lowest possible speed, close all the other programs and use only DVD of high quality.
    I ran md5sum on a fedora drive and compared the value generated with the value in the md5 file from the download page, they are identical. I tried burning at a slower speed and am still unable to boot to knoppix. As for closing all programs, I do a cold boot, so nothing should be open.

  4. #4
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Please test the burned DVD using the cheatcode
    Code:
    knoppix testcd
    Wait some minutes until you get an error message or the boot process proceeds

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Battery Replacement for Samsung NP300E4M NP500R5M - AA-PBUN3AB AA-PBUN3QB Compat picture

Battery Replacement for Samsung NP300E4M NP500R5M - AA-PBUN3AB AA-PBUN3QB Compat

$69.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00