-
Strange booting error on MacMini
I have a perfectly OK running installation of Knoppix 7.2 in a USB 3.0 External Hard drive. When I use that drive in a PC it boots OK, but when I try to boot in in the mac mini, a black screen appears saying "boot error".My mac mini does not have OS X installed but Linux Mint.How can I solve this, so I can use my Knoppix in both machines?Thanks in advanceNacho
-
The same USD external drive, when connected to a PC boots perfectly. Also a simple ISO image boots normally on the mac, but once installed using the flash installer no longer boots. Black screen with the "Boot error" message.
Very weird.
Any clues?
thanks
-
Your problem doesn't seems so be a Knoppix problem.
Perhaps Mac computers FAQ will help you.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

74Y6511 IBM 3Gb 2 Port PCI-E x8 SAS RAID Adapter 74Y6512 44V4199 W/ 1x Battery
$99.99

OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00