-
SOS - stuck in a desert and I broke KNOPPIX :(
Hey
Am in a desert (Saudi Arbaia) for 3 months and using my work laptop and my trusty knoppix pendrive.
This morning I switched it on to download GoT, and like a royal plonker forgot to plug the laptop in, so coming back from work I realised I had most likely trashed my pendrive.
NOW, when I try to boot I get this:
mount: mounting unionfs on /UNIONFS failed: No Space left on device
/init: exec: line 1022: /sbin/init: not found
I KNOW the 'no space left on device' is NOT to do with downloading GoT, as I had on a previous occasion accidentally knocked the pendrive out, and had the same error occur. That time, after throwing my rattles out the pram I begrudgingly made a new pen drive, this time in a desert I DONT have that option.
I have looked at another post somewhere, where the advice was as follows:
a) Boot KNOPPIX CD, first run dosfsck or fsck.vfat and so on on the VFAT partition to check for possible VFAT corruption
b) Boot from KNOPPIX CD, manually cloop-mount the flash KNOPPIX compressed image, to see if that is possible to see the problem this way.
c) Boot from KNOPPIX CD, e2fsck on knoppix-data.img to check for corruption and possible loop mount it manually and check for corruption.
Being a mere mortal, I dont understand this or know how to do this and the post I read didnt provide any direction on how to do this.
Is there anyone out there who can help me please? Can I recover my pendrive? I'm not stupid but I do need a numpty's guide!!
Much obliged if you read this far!
pastaman
(p.s. think its version 7.05 I am using)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$32.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

KingFast F10 256GB 2.5” SATA III SSD Tested Working 2710DCS23BF-256
$22.89

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$125.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99