.
Where do thumbnails come from in /home/knoppix/.thumbnails/ ?
I have 13M of these, all recognizable, but I don't know how they came to be.
A byproduct of using Image Viewer, or PCManFM on images perhaps?
Who can educate me on this?
.
Where do thumbnails come from in /home/knoppix/.thumbnails/ ?
I have 13M of these, all recognizable, but I don't know how they came to be.
A byproduct of using Image Viewer, or PCManFM on images perhaps?
Who can educate me on this?
Not only PCManFM but also the filemanager Konqueror and Dolphin uses '~/.thumbnails' and the graphical tools like GPicView, GThumb or Gwenview. But Nautilus uses '~/.cache/thumbnails'.
You can delete or rename this folders or their subfolders "large" and "normal" without any risk; they will be recreated the next time whenever a filemanager or a graphical tool creates again thumbnails.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 06-28-2014 at 09:48 AM.
I wouldn't use a symlink to '/tmp/', because '/tmp/' is size limited to 2GB. But why not insert a command within '/etc/init.d/knoppix-halt'perhaps after the two linesCode:[ -d /home/knoppix/.thumbnails ] && rm -fR /home/knoppix/.thumbnails/Code:[ -r /etc/default/locale ] && . /etc/default/locale [ -r /etc/sysconfig/i18n ] && . /etc/sysconfig/i18ne
Right on!
Thanks again, Werner.
Just what I wanted.
Danke.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00