-
openSSL version mismatch - how do I save it now
The problem w/ discovery is the student is always lost.
In an honest effort to progress, I updated to an unstable package. Now there's a version mismatch. Open SSL. You know, libssl1.0.0. 1.0.1g wasn't listed and I didn't look before I leaped. 1.0.1h-3 is in there wreaking havoc @ start up. I can get to run level 2 but can't get wpa_supplicant to hook up and can't remove and reinstall w/o an epiphany. This occurs whether I'm on the old Dell laptop or the new Acer Desktop. There's no use trying it on the antiques and the slow boat. It ain't easy being at this level where I'm not a surgeon, but I've got a scalpel.
Knoppix 7.2 on a stick, (which I absolutely adore) and have the DVD. I'm gathering tools for my attempt at freelancing as a local yokel IT Tech and don't want to lose them.
- Will saving UNIONFS and bringing it to a clean stick install save everything (apps and settings) I've saved w/o screwing up a lot of dependencies? Rural people have limited bandwidth and its expensive.
- Is conquering wpa_supplicant like Mt. Everest?
- Is there a way to revert to a previous state from run level 2's cli?
- Should "idjuts" be parted from their digits?
- Is there a repair procedure that leaves the user state intact? Or shall we begin again?
Thanks for any illumination that you can spare,
Gary
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Excellent Condition EXXACT Server AMD 2x EPYC Turin / 1.1T Memory 24x 48GB DDR5
$40000.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00