It seems, your problem is caused by VMWare.
What are segmentation faults
Did you try to burn a Knoppix DVD and boot with this? Don't omit to test the Knoppix DVD with the cheatcode "knoppix testcd".
I get this error:
I'm using the latest version of VMWare Player, with 1GB RAM, 1 CPU core and a 16GB HDD attached to it. Booting from the ISO.
It seems, your problem is caused by VMWare.
What are segmentation faults
Did you try to burn a Knoppix DVD and boot with this? Don't omit to test the Knoppix DVD with the cheatcode "knoppix testcd".
oshit, I tested the hash with teracopy turns out it's bad, even tho I downloaded it using torrents, weird, i'll try using direct mirrors

IBM PS/2 P70 8573-031 Vintage 386DX Portable Computer Parts Repair Orange Plasma
$950.00
Apple Macintosh Plus 1Mb Vintage Desktop Computer w/ Keyboard & Mouse
$245.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00
Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)
$61.30
Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00
Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25" Floppy Disks IBM
$175.00
Apple Lot of 3 Vintage Wired USB Optical Standard Mice - White Black Blue
$21.50
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99