Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Wireless Detection Dlink products

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    22

    Wireless Detection Dlink products

    I have a DI-614+ wireless router and a DWL-520+ Wireless card and i was wondering if there was a way to install the drivers? It stated on the website that they have the drivers. But i am new to linux so i need to know how to install them. I tried with the wine program to run the CD but there was no luck there. Anyone know how to get this one resolved?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Hmm. I'm using the DWL-520 without problems. Hopefully the DWL-520+ will work without having to install any drivers. Try running the following program from a shell: netcardconfig

    If you have installed Knoppix onto your hard drive then you will need to run it as root.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Moi, Norway
    Posts
    8
    do you have the "+" version aay? As that is not based on the prism chipset but the acx100 chipset. The old dwl-520 is prismbased and quite well supported, where the acx100 is not since Texas Instrument have not, to my knowledge, released any Linux drivers/info about it.
    However there however at http://acx100.sourceforge.net/ perhaps a solution. But will this work with Knoppix? Beats me and I haven't tried these myself, but I will give it a go, since I connect to my ISP with one I really need it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    You're right. I spoke out of ignorance. Sorry about that. No experience with 520+.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    22
    No dice on those drivers. I guess ill jsut have to connect with a hard wire into my router.....Why is Texas Instruments Holding out??

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    24
    Oh! MAN! I bought that lousy card from frys coz it was on sale, there are tons of problems even if you get the drivers. I figured that there is no support for these drivers and they have been withdrawn. I ran back to frys and bought myslef a netgear MA311 card, works like a champ, coz its prism based. After you plugin the card, dont try hacking the scripts and stuff, just type wlcardconfig answer bunch of questions and WOW! its works!

    Just got my netgear MA311 working last night.....

    --
    Manjo

Similar Threads

  1. Wireless Card (Dlink DWL G650+)
    By reisyboy in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 04:05 PM
  2. dlink dwl-520 wireless config help please
    By imipolex in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 05:07 AM
  3. dlink dwl22 usb wireless
    By g3guy in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 01:02 PM
  4. Wireless Adapter Detection
    By villain_2006 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 05:47 AM
  5. Wireless Detection...DI-614+
    By -=NTL=- in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 06:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations  Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981 picture

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981

$295.00



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



Vintage Apple USB Puck Mouse Model M4848 Grape Purple Tested picture

Vintage Apple USB Puck Mouse Model M4848 Grape Purple Tested

$49.99



Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle picture

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle

$49.99



LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED picture

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED

$80.00



Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed picture

Vintage Apple II Arcade Game Galactic Wars Apple Computer NOS Sealed

$125.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested picture

Vintage Apple III Motherboard Logic Board 820-0043-00 E Fully Populated Tested

$210.00



Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681 picture

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681

$299.99