-
Junior Member
registered user
Wireless Detection Dlink products
I have a DI-614+ wireless router and a DWL-520+ Wireless card and i was wondering if there was a way to install the drivers? It stated on the website that they have the drivers. But i am new to linux so i need to know how to install them. I tried with the wine program to run the CD but there was no luck there. Anyone know how to get this one resolved?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm. I'm using the DWL-520 without problems. Hopefully the DWL-520+ will work without having to install any drivers. Try running the following program from a shell: netcardconfig
If you have installed Knoppix onto your hard drive then you will need to run it as root.
-
do you have the "+" version aay? As that is not based on the prism chipset but the acx100 chipset. The old dwl-520 is prismbased and quite well supported, where the acx100 is not since Texas Instrument have not, to my knowledge, released any Linux drivers/info about it.
However there however at http://acx100.sourceforge.net/ perhaps a solution. But will this work with Knoppix? Beats me and I haven't tried these myself, but I will give it a go, since I connect to my ISP with one I really need it.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You're right. I spoke out of ignorance. Sorry about that. No experience with 520+.
-
Junior Member
registered user
No dice on those drivers. I guess ill jsut have to connect with a hard wire into my router.....Why is Texas Instruments Holding out??
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Junior Member
registered user
Oh! MAN! I bought that lousy card from frys coz it was on sale, there are tons of problems even if you get the drivers. I figured that there is no support for these drivers and they have been withdrawn. I ran back to frys and bought myslef a netgear MA311 card, works like a champ, coz its prism based. After you plugin the card, dont try hacking the scripts and stuff, just type wlcardconfig answer bunch of questions and WOW! its works!
Just got my netgear MA311 working last night.....
--
Manjo
Similar Threads
-
By reisyboy in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-05-2005, 04:05 PM
-
By imipolex in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 05:07 AM
-
By g3guy in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-11-2004, 01:02 PM
-
By villain_2006 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 05:47 AM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99