What does "free -m" say? Perhaps you have to activate swap first: "swapon -a".
Hello!
Back and still a Knoppix 7.2 userThis time with a more modern computer (a Sony Vaio Pro with Windows
. I want to install Knoppix on HDD and to keep Windows 8. I wish to install Knoppix instead of Debian because all my softwares would be ready. I could boot from a USB key (UEFI, 64 bits), then I launch the HDD install script. First I use Gparted, I create a 6 Gb Swap (more than the 1 Gb expected) and a 20 Gb (Reiserfs), but the script always complain that "Not enough swap space found". I tried the automactic partioning of the HDD too but I got an error, with no usefull information. Any idea? Is the trouble linked to UEFI? Thanks!
What does "free -m" say? Perhaps you have to activate swap first: "swapon -a".
thanks for your answer
I forgot to tell, I tried it too (swap on and swap off), it doesn't fix
actually one of the partitions can not be accessed thru Gparted, I know nothing about it, I wonder if it is not the point that disturb the script
if no idea, I'll try to analyse the script

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24
Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00