Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: openSSL version mismatch - how do I save it now

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ozark Mountains
    Posts
    13

    openSSL version mismatch - how do I save it now

    The problem w/ discovery is the student is always lost.

    In an honest effort to progress, I updated to an unstable package. Now there's a version mismatch. Open SSL. You know, libssl1.0.0. 1.0.1g wasn't listed and I didn't look before I leaped. 1.0.1h-3 is in there wreaking havoc @ start up. I can get to run level 2 but can't get wpa_supplicant to hook up and can't remove and reinstall w/o an epiphany. This occurs whether I'm on the old Dell laptop or the new Acer Desktop. There's no use trying it on the antiques and the slow boat. It ain't easy being at this level where I'm not a surgeon, but I've got a scalpel.

    Knoppix 7.2 on a stick, (which I absolutely adore) and have the DVD. I'm gathering tools for my attempt at freelancing as a local yokel IT Tech and don't want to lose them.


    1. Will saving UNIONFS and bringing it to a clean stick install save everything (apps and settings) I've saved w/o screwing up a lot of dependencies? Rural people have limited bandwidth and its expensive.
    2. Is conquering wpa_supplicant like Mt. Everest?
    3. Is there a way to revert to a previous state from run level 2's cli?
    4. Should "idjuts" be parted from their digits?
    5. Is there a repair procedure that leaves the user state intact? Or shall we begin again?


    Thanks for any illumination that you can spare,
    Gary

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ozark Mountains
    Posts
    13
    Just reloaded. It's the price you pay to play. Lesson learned.
    Gary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RARE Vintage Radius Apple MAC II Full Page Display board NOS Andy Hertzfeld picture

RARE Vintage Radius Apple MAC II Full Page Display board NOS Andy Hertzfeld

$500.00



Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor  Other picture

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other

$299.99



Vintage 90s PC Intel Pentium, cards, no HDD picture

Vintage 90s PC Intel Pentium, cards, no HDD

$80.00



Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s picture

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s

$169.99



VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106

$159.00



VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106

$159.00



RARE NOS vintage Paradise Autoswitch EGA Graphics Video Card w Utilities picture

RARE NOS vintage Paradise Autoswitch EGA Graphics Video Card w Utilities

$250.00



VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106

$159.00



Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working picture

Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working

$50.00



CompuAdd 325TX Vintage Laptop Portable Computer - Model/MPN 325TX for parts read picture

CompuAdd 325TX Vintage Laptop Portable Computer - Model/MPN 325TX for parts read

$75.00