-
Best I can tell, YouTube is the only major streaming site with enough sense and common courtesy to not require an external plugin instead of working with the tools most modern browsers have built-in. I've actually gone months without having Flash installed on account of Orca not being able to see Flash content and YouTube working a lot better in my opinion when its not trying to disobediently load the Flash player instead of the superior HTML5 player. I have no idea what Knoppix's Flash install script does, but I can share what errors I get when installing flashplugin-nonfree via Aptitude: As I understand it, flashplugin-nonfree doesn't contain the actual flash software, but instead uses wget to download flash and install the external software. With all my recent attempts, wget fails in trying to download a file from https://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/ This an uncommon problem, but usually multiple attempts lead to a successful download and subsequent install, but wget has failed far more times than is typical. I have looked in the directory linked in iceweasel and downloaded the tar.gz I found therein, but have no idea what to do with it after decompression and extraction. To anyone more savvy at the low level provide insight as to why wget is consistently failing to download the needed files or what to do with the manually downloaded files? Also, can anyone with a working Flash Install and using Iceweasel tell me if YouTube still has that nasty habit of loading the Flash player even when you tell it to use HTML5?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo Thinkpad T590 Gen1 8th Core i7 32GB 512GB Touchscreen RJ45 Win 11 Pro
$339.00