-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
Working fine for me Woody (at least as far as booting goes). Let me ask a few questions: Are you at least seeing the first Knoppix prompt (sounds like you are if you are trying cheat codes)? Did you burn at low speed (4x preferred, no more than 8x)? What part of North Carolina are you in (I'm near Apex)? Tell us anything else that you can that might help, like what you are trying to boot it on, did you run the testcd cheat code, just how far you are getting before it fails, and so on. I would even try the memtest boot code if you are comfortable that none of the above are issues. Do you have more than one computer that you could test your DVD on, and did you test it on multiple systems?
Thank you for your post. The problem, as you suspected, was a badly burned DVD, though K3b deemed the burn a success. I burned another DVD with Xfburn, and that disk works. I did both burns on a Wheezy 64 system, so I must now wonder if K3b can still be trusted. Your mention of the cheatcode "testcd" is well appreciated, as that test returned a failure on the K3b-burned DVD. I'll run some comparisons of these two burned disks later on to see where the error lies on the K3d disk: The message,"/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: /libx32/ libdl.so.2: invalid ELF header" (as shown on my 32bit computer) causes me to suspect the boot sectors of the DVD By the way, I'm downhill from the "Apex" over here in Wilmington.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Promise Pegasus R6 Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage 6Bay Enclosure G2U
$129.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.26

Dell PERC H740p Mini Mono RAID Controller 8GB 0878M 5FMY4 GP6RN
$55.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$202.46