-
Senior Member
registered user
rc.local
I set up an rc.local file to load my modem drivers on
boot-up. Howerever I can't get sudo chmod a+rw /dev/modem to work.
# Install Intel Modem Drivers & Set Permissions
sudo chmod a+rw /dev/Modem
sudo chmod a+rw /dev/ttyS2
cd /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/char
insmod -f 536epcore.o
insmod -f 536ep.o
I thought sudo would work, how would you su + Password -
to chmod a+rw /dev/modem .
I tried chmod 1777 /dev/modem from an terminal, but the sticky bit was gone when I rebooted!
Thanks....
-
Senior Member
registered user
rc.local
OK, this works !!!
# Install Intel Modem Drivers & Set Permissions
su -c "chmod a+rw /dev/Modem"
su -c "chmod a+rw /dev/ttyS2"
cd /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/char
insmod -f 536epcore.o
insmod -f 536ep.o
Good Luck...
-
Senior Member
registered user
You don't need an rc.local, you can use /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
to enter the information.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Will /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh let me run privileged services such as apache, mysql, ntpdate, etc? If so, this is what I have been looking for in debian. rc.local is a redhat thing, and was very handy for easily setting up autoexec.bat items on a linux boxen
Regards,
~paul
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
pau1knopp
Will /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh let me run privileged services such as apache, mysql, ntpdate, etc? If so, this is what I have been looking for in debian. rc.local is a redhat thing, and was very handy for easily setting up autoexec.bat items on a linux boxen
Regards,
~paul
Certainly will that's how I start apache, my firewall, set my hdparm, etc...
Similar Threads
-
By rozen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 03:32 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-11-2004, 05:09 AM
-
By brianinmaine in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2004, 09:51 PM
-
By treo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 04:05 PM
-
By Ambrose in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 01:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99